New strategic approach for MHF
12 Apr, 2016
The Mental Health Foundation has published its strategic approach, which will guide its work from 2016-2020.
Although social circumstances have considerably improved for many people, increasing numbers of New Zealanders are being diagnosed with mental health problems.
With more stressors and strains on mental health than ever before, the MHF will initiate activities and dialogue at a national level to ensure that we can create a society where all people flourish.
Guided and informed by the principles of Te Pae Mahutonga, the MHF will:
- Refine and establish a national measurement for change in wellbeing
- Advocate for a greater focus on wellbeing for all, and active engage with New Zealanders
- Create active partnerships
- Maintain a prominent public voice and authoritative commentary on mental health, advocating for change, supporting those with valid concerns and limited voice
- Influence government to be more proactive in supporting mental wellbeing and preventing mental health problems
- Generate income from as wide as possible a range of sources.