The Government and the Police are aware the noho rāhui may increase whānau violence and are taking family violence and sexual violence very seriously. Family violence and sexual violence services are essential services and will remain available.
If you're in danger now:
- Phone the police on 111 or ask neighbours of friends to ring for you.
- Run outside and head for where there are other people.
- Scream for help so that your neighbours can hear you.
- Take the children with you.
- Don't stop to get anything else.
- If you are being abused, remember it's not your fault. Violence is never okay.